Steps to Apply Designations in Creo
Exporting a Designation Map
- Open the desired CAD model
- In the CadActive ribbon, select the "Designate Components" button in the AutoDesignation section
- Once the "Designate Components" window opens up, select "File" then "Create Designation Map"
- The application will prompt the user to select a desired location for the file, and will prompt the user to open the file
An example model tree
The “Input File” can be automatically generated from Creo
Importing a Designation Map
Once a designation map has been exported, it can very quickly be imported as well to load, update, or re-apply the new designation values back to the CAD model.
- Edits can be made to the desired file to modify the desired designation value. Save the file with the desired edits.
- Once edits are complete, go back to the “Designate Components” window in Creo.
- Once the separate "Designate Components" window opens up, select "File" then "Import Designation Map", and select the file that was just modified.