We deploy our application to customers through three ways: public cloud, private cloud, or on-premise. For customers looking to use the CadActive application with an on-premise server, there is a typical process that should be followed:
- (Customer) Standup a single server for a production environment or two servers for a production and a staging environment (see server requirements here)
- (Customer) Install operating system on server(s)
- (Customer) Create VM instance(s) for the server(s)
- (Customer) Install Docker CE and Docker Compose
- (Customer) Ensure the following ports are open:
- If SSL, ports 443 and 3000
- If not SSL, ports 80 and 3000
- (Customer) [optional] If SSL is required, generate the SSL certificates
- (CadActive) Provide downloadable Docker images to Customer through private link
- (Customer) Unpack Docker images and dependencies [everything is self-contained in these files, so no further internet connection is needed]
- (Customer) Create organization
- (Customer) Invite users to the organization
- (Customer) Install the CadActive Creo application on user machines
- (Customer) Point user machines to Staging and Production servers (see more information here)
In addition, there are some other points worth thinking about up front:
- Will your organization be able to grant CadActive access to the VM to help troubleshoot?
- Are there any encryption requests (SSL, e.g.) that need to be worked through?
- Are there any other security/IT requirements?
CadActive typically deploys updates monthly, so we’ll try and stick to a monthly Docker image update for your organization. If you have any questions about this or need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide to the CadActive team a point of contact for:
- Server Deployment/Setup
- IT Security